Tom received a B.A. from the University of Kansas in 1971, and his Juris Doctor degree from the University School of Law in 1974.
He began the private practice of law in Franklin County in 1974, engaging in a general trial practice for 17 years as a partner with Green & Sachse, Chtd.
In 1991, Tom was appointed to the position of District Judge for the Fourth Judicial District of Kansas, and served there for 23 years. During his tenure on the bench, he was assigned to the domestic, criminal and probate divisions.
In 2014, Tom resumed the practice of law with the firm of Anderson & Byrd, LLP. There, he provides a variety of services to the firm's clients, primarily in the areas of wills and trusts, family law and mediation. He is also a Kansas Supreme Court approved mediator for core, domestic and civil areas of dispute.
Tom is a member of the Kansas Bar Association and past president of the Franklin County Bar Association.
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Family Law
- Real Estate and Commercial Transactions
- Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration
- Kansas, 1974
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1988
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- J.D. - 1974
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- B.A. - 1971
- Major: Political Science
- Kansas Bar Association, Member
- Mediation, Kansas Supreme Court, 2014
- State of Kansas, District Judge, 1991 to 2014
- Green and Sachse, Chartered, Attorney, 1974 to 1991